The Retirement Planning Process
Retirement Income Planning
- Develop a comprehensive retirement income plan to determine how long your money will last.
- Provide strategies to potentially make cash flow last longer.
- Develop a suitable asset allocation for retirement to reduce stock market risk and provide income.
Personal Risk Management
- Evaluate all life insurance, disability income, and long term care policies for suitability.
- Recommend changes to save money or improve coverage.
- Evaluate beneficiary designations as well as all estate documents including wills, powers of attorney, health care directives, and trusts for suitability.
Social Security Optimization
- Evaluate all filing strategies and determine the most suitable to optimize benefits.
- Maximize benefits for surviving spouse.
- Review health insurance options to keep costs down.
- Coordinate with Social Security and employer plan.
- Evaluate distribution alternatives from company plan.
- Recommend optimal pension pay out.
Qualified Retirement Plans
- Evaluate the benefits of consolidating company retirement plans utilizing rollover IRAs.
- Coordinate required minimum distributions.
- Determine if having a Roth IRA would be advantageous.
Non-Qualified Retirement Assets
- Review employer stock plans and vesting schedules.
- Review deferred compensation plan and recommend distribution options.
- Review annuities for suitability and recommend how to improve benefits.
- Conduct life insurance audit. Pinpoint ways to save money with lower cost policies.
- Review investment accounts; consolidate where appropriate.
- Review account types: taxable, tax advantaged (tax-deferred/tax-free).
- Develop a suitable distribution strategy to minimize taxes.
Tax Reduction Strategies
- Review non-qualified accounts for tax losses; propose a plan to reduce taxes.
The Value Our Services Provide
Objectivity is the key to our process. We offer a multitude of investment and insurance products from some of the largest insurance and investment management companies in the country.
Would you like a second opinion on what you are paying for your financial products? Maybe we can lower your expenses or increase your benefits. If so, please call us today at 773-380-8533.